HomeSight are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Everyone has rights with regard to the way in which their personal information is handled. During the course of our activities we will collect, store and process personal information about our patients, and we recognise that the correct and lawful treatment of this data will maintain confidence in the organisation and will provide for successful business operations.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of UK data protection laws, the data controller is HomeSight UK Limited of 1 Cavendish Road, London E4 9NQ
Data Protection Principles
When processing your information, we must comply with the six enforceable principles of good practice. These provide that your personal information must be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner,
- processed for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes,
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary,
- accurate and kept up-to-date,
- kept for no longer than is necessary, and
- processed in a manner than ensures appropriate security.
The HomeSight website uses encrypted cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our website. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Analytical / performance cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to identify issues with our site and improve the way our website works.
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content to you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.